Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tony Robertson
    Participant

Greetings friends and thanks for the opportunity to engage with colleagues in pastoral ministry. I have put a few notes in the bio section of my profile. I always begin any online profile with an acknowledgement of country. For the past 30 years I have lived on the traditional lands of the Turrbal and Jagera peoples in Meanjin, known as Brisbane.

My pastoral ministry experience began as a senior student at St Joseph’s College Gelong in the late 1960s when the chaplain invited a few of us to accompany him in giving religious instruction classes at one of the local high schools. I spent seven years living and working with the Capuchin Friars which introduced me to the multicultural face of Catholicism. I returned to Melbourne from Sydney in 1978 and became involved in pastoral work in the inner city parishes of Fitzroy and Collingwood. During tis time I helped to found and manage a Liturgical Arts group which presented at the MCG during the visit of Pope John Paul !! in 1986. I was also a member of the welcoming group for Dom Bede Griffiths around that time and introduced him to a packed audience at St Francis Church.

I have been a religious education co-ordinator and retreat team member for the Christian Brothers in Melbourne. From 1989-1991 I was a cross-cultural youth co-ordinator for the Diocese of Kiunga in Papua New Guinea. I came to Brisbane in 1992 and Have been involved in pastoral ministry at ACU as well as retreat work wit the Franciscan Schools Network. I am a writer and blogger and have contributed commentary to a number of online journals such as Eureka Street.

I currently facilitate the a spiritual life group for L’Arche Brisbane and am a member of the L’Arche Australia Community and Spirituality Forum. As you might gather from this brief into I enjoy online writing and contributing to forums!!!!

Lisa Bright
      Keymaster

Hi Tony! Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself and introducing yourself to the community. I hope as more people engage with PMN and the forums we can have some energising discussions about many things that give us life. And thanks for all you have done for the Church in Australia. I look forward to connecting with you and sharing some great conversation.

Lisa

LEONARD BLAHUT
        Participant

Tony, it’s great to hear your wonderful history of pastoral involvement. Certainly inspiring. Len Blahut

Donnie Velasco
          Participant

Hello Richard, Lisa & friends in the Pastoral Ministry Network.

My name is Donnie. I’m a family man – been married for 7 years and have one child, Jonathan, who’s a little over 12 months old.

I work in the Diocese of Parramatta in Pastoral Formation – Mission Enhancement Team. My specific area of work is adult faith learning & development covering all adult ages, whilst having a couple of focus formative experiences for those in their 20s to 40s. I look forward to meeting you all, sharing wholesome conversation and learning as one of your fellow companions in the journey of life & faith!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.